Tips to Choose the Best Moving service in Raleigh, NC
Are you in search of some major research universities of USA? If yes, Raleigh, NC can be the ideal destination for you. Raleigh boasts of some of the top ranking universities of the world like NC State University, Duke University and UNC Chapel University.
If you are a student and are planning to move to Raleigh then I suggest you hire a moving agency. Here are some effective tips on how to choose a right moving agency; take a quick look
- Ask neighbors and friends for referrals to get a potential list of the movers in Raleigh. Also do some online research in Google, Bing, and Yahoo and other search engines with key phrases like “best moving service in Raleigh”, “tips to choose movers” etc. Also check the moving agency’s rating on Better Business Bureau and read reviews on different sites like yelp, craigslist etc.
- Don’t fall for an impressive phone calls or a good looking website. Never accept an online estimate either. It is customary for the moving agencies to send a professional to your home who will give you an approximate estimate after reviewing your belongings. Tell him/her in advance about the obstacles like narrow streets, stairs etc that will require special maneuvering. The more details you provide the more accurate price you will get.
- Check whether the agency is licensed and insured. Also, check whether the moving agency has an actual business place or not and for how long they have been in the business. Visit their office personally and meet the professionals who have been assigned to take care of your move. Check whether the professionals are experienced, drug-checked and trained.
- Before selecting an agency, make a list of the services that you want the moving agency to do and confirm whether they provide all of them. If you want them to do the packing as well let them know it beforehand so that they can arrange the work accordingly!
- Before taking the final decision consider the other options as well. Acquaint yourself with the current industry price that movers charge. Many agencies quote a lower price to get customers; don’t get tempted by such offers. Moist of the time there are hidden charges and some scamsters even hold your belongings as ransom until and unless you pay them exorbitant fees.
- Make sure that the movers are providing a written or printed copy of the business deal mentioning the paid as well as due amount and all the break ups like packing charges, charges for loading and unloading, fuel charges, taxes, driver’s fee etc. You will get a lower price if you plan the move well ahead of time. Also ask the moving agency whether they charge anything if you cancel the deal.
- Check if the agency is accessible before, during and after the move and whether you are able to track your packages during the move. Often the moving companies in Raleigh keep in touch with you till the move is completed.
Author’s Bio – David Harris is an expert of writing on travels and tourism. In this article he gives some tips for choosing the best movers.